Saturday, November 5, 2016

Abundant Life Church Fall Fest Car Show 2016...

Click any picture to enlarge...346 photos...
Comments are invited on individual pictures, or entire album...You may comment anonymously if you choose...

Once again, Pastor Stovall and his congregation were kind enough to invite me to their car show...At their insistence, some grandkids of my acquaintance had me enter both my Challenger and my truck in the competition...(No winners again, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I bribed the right judge)...

The local rock sales force was in attendance...I bought the Dodge rock pictured here...I was told it was a natural formation not often found in nature...


This is a Camaro body set on a Blazer chassis...Nicely done...





I don't know how I'm expected to compete when I'm parked next to a masterpiece like this 1938 Chevy...




It even stayed shiny after the Conroe Cruisers show...











Even as shiny as this paint is, the owner said it was going in the paint shop the following week for color sanding and detail work...


This is as nice a 1962 Coupe de Ville as I've ever seen...






































Have I mentioned my first car was a 1955 Chevy BelAir 2dr HT?...
























My granddaughter and I seem to like it more than the judges did...










No extra points were awarded for the clever license plates...







I wonder whether someone was being funny parking my truck under this sign...















I really like this spare tire carrier, but the truck's owner was not around to ask who built it...


A need way to demonstrate a Jeep's articulation...





















There were a lot of vendors...Something for everyone...



The lemonade was delicious...The smiling young host and his family made it fresh to order by the cup...Even sugar-free if desired for us diabetics...






This was a popular booth with many hand-crafted items at very reasonable prices...



The choo-choo train was a popular way to get around for the younger set...





I'm pretty sure I've seen the smiling young lady at other car shows...



The kids had a ball on the rides...


Yes, there was a cakewalk...No, there were no sugar-free cakes...




This was the place to buy tickets for the finest fish fry I've ever attended...Delicious!...

I was offered this fully restored 1965 Buick Riviera for a mere $25,000.00...



Yes, there were a number of stunningly attractive ladies here...No, none of them were single...




















































The lemonade stand was the go-to spot for the thirsty attendees...











I was hoping there would be a special trophy for shiniest exhaust stacks...











Top truck prize went to this nice Chevy C-5500...
















Pastor Stovall had a word of admiration for all the trophy winners...






































My friend Joe almost didn't have room in his Chevy for the two trophies he won (Best in Class and People's Choice) plus his family...




















This winner was one bad and loud Corvette...























The "Bang a Car For a Buck" car ended its useful life as a Jeep display stand...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome, and will be moderated before publication...They will not be seen immediately...Keep it clean please...