Sunday, October 6, 2019

Abundant Life Church Car Show 2019...

Click any picture to enlarge...85 photos...
Comments are invited on individual pictures, or entire album...You may comment anonymously if you choose...


As usual for Abundant Life fundraisers, the Fall 2019 car show was a well organized family event...Thanks to Pastor Dave Stovall, his family and the entire ALC congregation for inviting me to take pictures...

A perennial entry in local shows is my friend Joe's 1938 Chevy coupe...At this event they showed mercy on other contestants by giving him his own corner in which to display...This street rod is so immaculate that other cars which are parked near it suddenly become invisible, unseen by spectators...Don't ask how I know this...

Joe's assistant, Little Leroy, diligently keeps the car spotless...






A clean mid-80's squarebody Chevy...

This mid-50's Ford is a regular at ALC shows...



This early 60's Ford Econoline brings to mind my favorite flightchief from my days in the USAF...He drove one of these on the flightline, and during long, cold alerts when we worked outdoors reconfiguring F-4 Phantoms for various missions, he made constant runs between the mess hall and his men, bringing urns of hot coffee...He kept the puny cab heater running full blast to give us a few minutes in the comparative warmth before returning to work...At times when no one else was looking, he purloined an unattended flightline heater and brought it to his men hitched to the pintle hook on the back of his Econoline...



Fans of European gofasters were gratified by the presence of this Lamborghini...





Late model Mustangs were in abundance...



This Dodge Viper was a standout in red...





Fortunately enough display space could be cleared for this GM 5500...

Certainly not an original Studebaker Avanti, since no convertibles were offered as a factory option...

This Rallye Nova has not fallen victim to the common rust epidemic found under the vinyl roofs popular in the 60's and 70's...


This VW bug brought to mind memories of my own Beetles stationed in Germany...


Large GM station wagon platforms lend themselves well to street machine use...


This pair of Dodge SRT-10's are seen at many local shows...





A super clean early 60's Ford Galaxie...

My heart always beats a little faster around this immaculate Mack B-61...If my recollection is right, it is powered by Cummins...



My own '55 Belair in high school was a 2 door hardtop...Oh, to return to those days!...

I'm happy to see mid-70's Barracudas such as this prime example in satin finish gaining in popularity...




The sticker on the engine cover reminds me of the rear license plate frames popular in JC Whitney catalogs in the 60's...They said:
"You Have Just Been Volkswagened -
Passed By 36 Horsepower"
...

A slightly newer rendition of Joe's '38 is this super-sharp 1941 Chevy coupe in a similar color...


This early 50's Studebaker coupe rendered as a gasser always gets my attention...I'm just a sucker for old Studbusters I suppose...

A really shiny Stingray convertible...

With the nose-high attitude and no front bumper protection a driver would have to be cautious about where he parks...





This one always brings to mind my '66 Chevelle bought late in my military career...







This early 50's Chevy had some outstanding woodwork in the bed...



Willis PD was present showing off their lighting to the kids...







This really clean Chevy tow rig was not an entry, but should have been...

I like the truck, but I've never been a fan of Mad Max lugnuts...I value my shinbones too much...




Another clean squarebody...

A very nice mid-50's Chevy Apache...

I'm guessing this Jeep doesn't see much off-road dirt...

That's all, folks!...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and critiques are always welcome, and will be moderated before publication...They will not be seen immediately...Keep it clean please...